Position Description (Includes but not Limited to)
- Perform routine kitchen tasks.
- Sets up and stocks food items and other necessary supplies.
- Prepares food items by cutting, chopping, mixing, and preparing sauces.
- Cooks food items by grilling, frying, sautéing, and other cooking methods to specified recipes and standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and complies with food sanitation requirements by properly handling food and ensuring correct storage.
- Cleans and sanitizes cooking surfaces at the end of the shift.
- Performs inventory checks and completes food storage logs.
- Follow the prep list created to plan duties.
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible.
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking.
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat, and other meal prep.
- Set up workstations and ingredients so that food can be prepared according to recipes.
- Undertake basic cooking duties, such as reducing sauces and parboiling food.
- Prepare simple dishes, such as salads and entrees.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, and taking out trash.
- Ensure that all food and other items are stored properly.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines.
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned.
- High Energy
- Open Minded
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Knowledge of basic cooking techniques
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Very good physical condition and endurance
- High school diploma or equivalent is desirable
- Training from a culinary school is an asset
- Proven experience as a prep cook is preferred
Click the 'Apply' button below to download the job application. Fill out the application and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.